Of the Rollei F:X Pro Reverse GND 8 (3 stops / 0.99) is a Graduated gray filter.GND stands for graduated neutral density which means a filter with a transition from tint to transparency. Some of these filters have a neutral gray coating, which can compensate for differences in brightness in the image. Normally the coating would run out to one side with GND filters. However, reverse means that the course of the tint coating is reversed. This means that the coating is particularly strong in the middle of the filter and is soft on one side of the filter but very hard on the other.
You can use the reverse GND for these motifs:
- Sunrise and sunset
- Beach motifs
- Subjects with a horizon with a lot of brightness in the middle
Unlike normal ND filters, GNDs are used for motifs in which the brightness ratios have a certain gradient and therefore require a different exposure for an evenly exposed image. An ideal location for a reverse GND would be, for example, an image in which the sun can be seen and where clear lines dominate the image.n.
Our Reverse GND 8 is available in sizes 100 and 150 millimeters and has a density of 0.9 and 3 stops. A stop means that the amount of light falling on the sensor is reduced by one f-stop at a time.
Exemplary color fidelity with extremely fine coating
Are you looking for reflection-free filters? You´ll find them at Rollei. Our F:X Pro filters are 99.5 % free from unwanted light reflections..
So that we can permanently exclude these errors in our new professional filters, we have developed the quality management process Engineered and quality controlled in Germany. This process does not only take effect during the final quality control, but begins in the development phase: Rollei's specifications are the sole basis for all subsequent production steps and are determined exclusively by our experts. Backward lowering of our requirements is excluded.
- Inverted graduated filters are used for sunrises and sunsets
- Ultra-fine coating ensures razor-sharp images even with 150 MP high-end cameras
- Exemplary color fidelity capture nature as it is seen by the eye
- Impressively clear images thanks to approx. 99.5 percent freedom from reflection
- Diamond-like scratch resistance, extremely hard surface coating for optimal protection
- Extremely temperature-resistant tested in scorching heat and freezing cold
- Original Gorilla Glass
|Available strengths:||Reverse GND8|
|Compatibility:||100 mm rectangular filter system|
|Product line:||F:X Pro rectangular filter