The 90 mm full glass ball for photography with DSLMs and DSLRs (mirrorless cameras and single lens reflex cameras), also Lens ball called, is a streak-free glass ball of the highest quality, without air pockets and bubbles. It reflects its surroundings as mirror-inverted,sharp and crystal clear 180-degree viewin a sphere that can be picked up directly from the palm of your hand or positioned at a fixed point.
The clear and transparent photo glass ball is easy to use, but also meets the requirements of professional photographers. With a Weight of 945g it may not be as light as a feather, but it still fits comfortably in every bag and backpack to take with you on a photo tour through the countryside or when traveling. Regardless of whether landscape photography, city trips or architecture shots – With the 90 mm glass ball you can create uniquely surreal images from unique perspectives.
For safe protection and optimal cleaning before the shoot isalso included in delivery:
- A storage bag
- A microfiber cloth
Tips for glass ball photography:
- Bullet alwaysClean fingerprints before shooting– Microfiber cloth included in delivery
- On smooth and sloping surfacesfix carefully
- When recording hands-free with Max. 1/250 2/125 exposure timet work
- Focal length between 24 mm and 35 mm
- WithTripods also have longer exposure times possible
- For the typical shallow depth of field the glass ball photography with 2.8 aperturework
- Ideal forextensive areas with few highlights(e.g. Forest clearings, market places, water with and without ships)
- To keep enough distance for photography with a tripod so that the tripod and the photographer do not reflect themselves in the glass ball.
Manufacturing & quality control of the 90mm full glass ball
Photography with a glass ball benefits above all from the effect that it captures the surroundings mirror-inverted as a 180-degree view in the smallest of spaces. Now with theCamera lensv (ideal: 2.8 / focal length 24 mm - 35 mm) Focus on the subject in the glass sphere and work with a shallow depth of field, but still let the background flow artistically into the picture.
For all of this to be possible, it must Glass of the highest quality and without inclusions are manufactured. Our special ones take care of that quality controls and the transparent manufacturing process in which the balls are checked several times during production for material defects, inclusions and cracks.
The glass is first melted into a long rectangle. The high temperatures make the glass soft and easy to shape. Then individual cuboids are cut out of this glass rectangle. Due to the previous melting process, these cuboids are still easy to shape and are now placed in a hydraulic press and brought into their round shape. Now it's on Cooling down to room temperature of approx. 20 degrees Celsius. In order to avoid imperfections such as surface irregularities and bubbles, the glass spheres are cooled down very slowly and temporarily stored.After cooling down takes place the first inspection of raw material for cracks & inclusions. All full glass balls that are of perfect quality now go to the grinding and polishing, until they get their absolutely flawless and round shape. Then the next check for air inclusions and other defects. If a defect is noticed here, the glass ball is sorted out. Now the final fine-tuning with a high speed polishing machine. After a certain time, the balls are completely transparent and have a perfect surface quality. The final quality control now follows to the perfect end result of every glass ball. This is the only way to ensure that the glass ball does not later negatively influence the refraction of light, or that inclusions and scratches appear as disruptive elements in your mirrored motif.
- Clear and transparent full glass ball
- New perspective for landscape photography, architectural photography, street photography, and much more
- Ideal for clear, sharp reflections
- Suitable for taking photos with all common SLR cameras and mirrorless system cameras
- Without air pockets or bubbles and free of streaks
- Incl. Microfiber cloth for easy cleaning of the glass ball
- Incl. padded storage pocket for protection
||Full glass sphere|
||DSLM and DSLR photography
Scope of delivery
- Lens ball
- Storage bag
- Cleaning cloth