Of the Rollei F: X Pro Medium GND is a gray graduated filter,also graduated neutral density filter called, which means a gray filter with a transition from tint to transparency. With graduated filters, the coating runs out to one side. The word medium stands for the fact that the intensity of the tint coating is moderately strong from one end of the filter to the middle and does not end with a very hard cut Hard GND or very soft Soft GND. Our medium GND filter is available in two sizes and different intensities:
- 100 mm medium GND 8
- 100 mm medium GND 16
- 100 mm medium GND 32
The medium GND can be used for these motifs:
- Mixed urban motifs (houses with water, bridges and sky)
- Mountain ranges with forest, sky and sun
- Overall motifs where the horizon line is rather uneven
GNDs are used for subjects in which the brightness ratios have a certain gradient and therefore require a different exposure for a uniformly exposed image. A classic location of a medium GND is, for example, the recording of a city center, which has many different elements and brightnesses and therefore has to be classified exactly between hard and soft GND. The medium GND compensates for such a scenario.
Exemplary color fidelity with extremely fine coating
Our GND square filters are coated with the Luminance Coating we developed. This means that your images will always be razor-sharp, even with cameras with a resolution of 150 megapixels. Our filters are free from reflections at 99.5 percent. In this way you get exemplary color fidelity and show your motif as it is.
We give our filters a long service life with Gorilla Glass. Light transmission and color neutrality are further attributes of our filters. But they are also scratch-resistant. At the same time, thanks to its special coating, you can also effortlessly remove dirt from the glass.
Optical filters should be free of defects. Differences in color and texture or permeability must therefore not occur in order to enable you to achieve the best photography result. That is why we have combined the strictest requirements for ourselves under the term Engineered And Quality Controlled in Germany. A quality control that already takes effect in the development phase: Our quality promise to you: As soon as a certain number of random samples of a production lot does not meet our own quality criteria, the entire scope of the lot will not be accepted. So you can be sure that you are always getting the best Rollei quality.
*Note: Gorilla Glass is a protected word mark of the Corning company and is used by us for our filters. All naming rights are owned by the Corning company.
- Medium graduated filters are used for difficult image compositions where you actually need a hard and soft gradient
- Ultra-fine coating ensures razor-sharp images even with 150 MP high-end cameras
- Exemplary color fidelity capture nature as it is seen by the eye
- Impressively clear images thanks to approx. 99.5 percent freedom from reflection
- Diamond-like scratch resistance, extremely hard surface coating for optimal protection
- Extremely temperature-resistant tested in scorching heat and freezing cold
|Available strengths:||GND8, GND16, GND32|
|Compatibility:||100 mm rectangular filter system|
|Product line:||F:X Pro rectangular filter